1. What are the airlines that connect Taiwan to India?
- Direct flight: China Airlines flies 4 to 6 flights weekly between Taipei – Delhi – Taipei. Please see details from website www.china-airlines.com
- Contact details of GSA of Indian Indian international and domestic flights:
Jet Airways GSA in Taiwan China Express Co., Ltd. Telephone: (02) 2515-2371 ext.880-883
- Air India GSA in Taiwan Paramount International Express Corp. Telephone: (02)2537-0145
- Other flights: Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Air Asia, Scoot etc.
2. What is the time difference between Taiwan and India?
India is 2.5 hours behind Taiwan. If Taiwan is 07.00 pm, India would be 4:30 pm.
3. How to make telephone calls from Taiwan to India?
International calls code 002, India national code 91, city code and landline number in case of landline or mobile number 10 digits
Example for calling a land line number in Delhi in India: 002 91 11 1234-5678
Example for calling a mobile number in India: 002 91 11 12345-12345
Telephone STD codes of all parts of India https://archive.india.gov.in/directories.php?id=1
4. How to make telephone calls from India to Taiwan?
International calls code 00, Taiwan code 886, (Taipei city code 2), land line total 8 digits/ or mobile 9 digits
Example for calling a land line number in Taipei Taiwan: 00 886 2 1234-5678
Example for calling a mobile number in Taiwan: 00 886 980-000-000
5. What is the postal pin code of India?
Postal PIN code of India varies from 6 to 8 digits. Postal PIN codes of all parts of India https://archive.india.gov.in/directories.php?id=1
6. What is the voltage and socket type of India?
The voltage in India is 220V. The sockets are mostly 3-pin sockets. It is suggested to bring along a universal power plug adapter. Some hotels do provide these adapters but may require certain cost.
7. What is the currency in India and how to prepare?
- The currency of India is Rupee. Indian Rupee is a closed currency that can be exchanged and used only in India.
- It is suggested to prepare USD cash or Euro cash or travel cheque before going to India. After arriving in India, USD cash or Euro cash or travel cheque can be exchanged into Rupee at the currency exchange counters at the airport or at the approved banks by Indian Government.
- Upon arrival in India, if the cash brought is below USD5,000, and cash/banknote/travel cheques all together are below USD10,000, the Foreign Currency Declaration Form is not required to be filled. Currency calculation trial www.x-rates.com
8. How to contact Taiwan office in India in case of an emergency?
- 駐印度代表處 (駐印度台北經濟文化中心) Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in India
電話Tel: (002 +91) 11 4607-7777 (For emergencies! +91 98105-02610)
傳真Fax: (002 +91) 11 4607-7721
地址Address: 34, Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi-110057, India
- 駐清奈辦事處 Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in Chennai
電話Tel: (002 +91) 44-4302-4311 (For emergencies! +91 99621-49906)
傳真Fax: (002 +91) 44-4303-3511
地址Address: New No. 30, Norton Road, Mandaveli, Chennai-600028, Tamil Nadu, India
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Taiwan website page for India https://www.mofa.gov.tw/en/CountryInfoEn.aspx?CASN=0984A85A3A9A6677&n=EFABC8295286B40B&sms=A76B7230ADF29736&s=337EA9B16C7004DE
9. How is the weather in India?
- Winter season is from November to February. It is most suitable season for traveling to most parts of India in general.
- Summer season is mainly from April to June. During summer season, temperature in Northern India can reach over 40 degrees. During this season, it is advisable to travel to cooler areas such as the state of Jammu & Kashmir or mountain areas all over India.
- Monsoon season is from July to August. The rains start from the southern coast and move gradually to the north. This season is suitable for enjoying Indian traditional medical Ayurveda treatment in southern India, visiting western desert areas, national parks all over India etc.
- Autumn season is from September to October. This season is also suitable for travelling to most parts of India.
10. Is any vaccination required before entering India?
No vaccination is required for going to India from Taiwan.
11. Is there any food cautions in India?
- Indian cuisine is known for its rich taste. Different spices also known as masalas are added to variety of cuisines. The spices are scientifically proven to be beneficial for health.
- It is suggested to drink bottled water or boiled water.
- It is suggested to eat cooked food, as the food cooked in high temperature ensures sterilization.